AN INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY FOR ALL WHO
About Our Center
The San Francisco Center is the oldest Sai Center in the Bay Area, and one of the first in the USA. It was started in 1974 by a group of American Sai devotees who together rented a flat with some apartments on Ivy St. near downtown San Francisco, These devotees dedicated the flat to the center and stayed there. In its early years, it was a temporary home for many devotees traveling from all over the USA to Puttaparthi to see Swami.
In 1994, the center moved to its current Location in a beautiful Victorian house (built in 1874) in the Mission District. The center location is generously donated by a devotee and is only used for the center. It has a prayer hall, study room, bookstore/library and kitchen. The center has seen many miracles and welcomed many devotees over the years from all over the world.